• Research Faculty, Virginia Tech Autonomous Research and Controls
Laboratory; completed the mechanical design of 2 Autonomous Underwater
Vehicles under ONR contract.
• Research Faculty, Virginia Tech Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Laboratory;
Investigated railroad safety technology and instrumentation.
• Small Arms Engineer at Aberdeen Proving Grounds; developed instrumentation
and hardware for testing weapons systems for government agencies.
• Founder and owner of Keep it Simple Technology LLC; design of ballistic
instrumentation and underwater vehicle technology and control systems.
• 15+ years design, development and testing experience with electromechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and control systems.
• Designer of subsea mining and coring remote operated vehicle.
• Marine Engineer, graduate NY Maritime College; 20+ years marine and
• Business Development, Sales and Marketing for Pharos Offshore Group.
• Eight years U.S. Merchant Marine Engineering officer aboard Oil Tankers
and Tyco Telecommunications (now TE SubCom) cable ships.
• Construction management, Tyco’s six state-of-the-art purpose-built cable ships.
• Co-founder and COO, 18-person Internet Technology Company.
• Implemented fleet wide asset management system for TE SubCom’s
fleet of sixteen cable laying ploughs and cable maintenance ROVs.
Twisted Pick, LLC
Cliff McDougall, CEO Phone: 410.935.2547